When talking about the cheat meals, what can be better than creamy and aromatic white sauce pasta with your favorite beverage on a lazy holiday? Here’s a quick step by step recipe for you all which is slightly tweaked according to our Indian taste buds.
1. 2 cup penne pasta
2. 2 tsp oil
3. 2 tsp salt
4. 6 cup water
5. 1 tsp garlic paste
6. 2 tbsp butter
7. 4 tbsp all-purpose flour (maida)
8. 3 cups milk
9. 1 tsp black pepper
10. 2 tsp chilli flakes
11. 2 tsp oregano
12. 1/4th cup boiled corns
13. 1/2 tsp Keya garlic bread seasoning (optional)
1. Boil water with 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp oil in a pan and add raw penne pasta to it.
2. Let it boil on a medium-high flame for 10-12 minutes and keep stirring in between.
3. Once the pasta is boiled to desired softness (taste a piece), drain the excess water and wash the pasta with normal water to let it cool.
4. Add little oil and toss in the boiled corns for a minute then remove it from wok.
4. Now add butter along with 2 tsp oil and add the garlic paste and fry it till the rawness fades away. Then add maida and fry it for a while.
5. Start stirring the maida using a whisk to avoid lump formation. Ensure to whisk maida for only less than a minute to cook it evenly until you get an aroma.
6. Now turn the flame to low and pour chilled milk gradually while stirring the mixture to avoid lump formation.
7. Constantly stir the sauce while the milk heat up until the texture of sauce becomes little thick.
8. Switch off the flame once you will notice this texture once the sauce is thickened.
9. Quickly add the seasonings – black pepper, chilli flakes, oregano and garlic bread seasoning along with 1/2 tsp salt.
10. Mix the herbs really well.
11. Lastly, add boiled pasta and corns to the sauce.
12. Mix quickly because sauce becomes thick as it cools down.
13. Your white sauce pasta is ready to serve hot!
Do let me know your experience when you give a try to this white sauce pasta recipe. Looking forward to your comments.