You’ll definitely want to try this Lemon and pepper chicken recipe if you are running out of quick yet delicious recipes for lunch. The only brighter side of the lockdown is the series of recipes which I managed to ace and one of the recent recipes which topped the list is a super easy lemon and pepper chicken which makes a lip-smacking snack. Here you go:
Ingredients for marination:
1. 600 gm curry cut chicken pieces
2. 1 lemon juice
3. 1 tsp salt
4. ½ tsp black pepper powder
5. 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
6. ½ cup curd (100 ml)
Ingredients for cooking:
1. 2 tbsp Butter & 1 tsp oil for cooking
2. 3-4 black peppercorns
3. 2 bay leaves
4. 2 sliced green chillies
5. Finely thin-sliced ginger pieces
6. ½ tsp pepper powder
7. 1 lemon juice
8. ½ tsp salt
9. 1 tsp fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
10. 1 tbsp cornflour
11. 2 tsp Garlic powder
12. 1 tsp Keya garlic bread seasoning (optional)
1. Firstly make deep cut marks on the chicken pieces for the better flavoring and place all the chicken pieces in a bowl. Mix them well with ginger garlic paste, salt, lemon juice and black pepper powder. Now whisk the curd and add the same to the bowl, mix it all together and let the marinated chicken rest for at least half an hour in the refrigerator.
2. Then heat oil & butter in a pan, add black peppercorns, sliced green chillies & ginger and bay leaves. Fry them for a few seconds and then pour the marinated mixture in the pan.
3. Cook the chicken on a high flame for 3-4 minutes till the color changes from pink to slightly white.
4. Now cover the pan and simmer the gas for 15 minutes to let the chicken cook completely and become tender. Make sure to flip the chicken pieces after 7 minutes.
5. Once you notice the chicken has got completely cooked, take approx 100ml water and add 1 tbsp cornflour to make a slurry and add the slurry in a pan and let it boil in open for another 4-5 minutes to make the gravy little thick. Lastly, sprinkle Kasuri methi, black pepper powder, garlic powder salt, lemon juice and garlic bread seasoning.
6. Now switch off the flame and relish the hot and tangy lemon & pepper chicken.
(Note: you can continue to let it boil for a little longer if you think that the gravy is too watery)
So, when are you going to try this super easy lemon and pepper chicken recipe? Do let me know your experience in the comments section below!