Recently smitten by baking bug, I’ve been trying my hands on cakes and cookies after taking ages. I don’t intend to brag, but I’ve managed to prepare some delicious varieties and an eggless date & walnut cake happens to be my favorites. What else could complement your tea better than this, right? The rich flavours and sinful aroma ensure to let you cheat your diet plan and the perk of baking an eggless one gains brownie cents of happiness especially from the elders who aren’t fond of egg-based cakes on special occasions. Topping it all, a dash of beautiful presentation scores an entirely new level. Check out an easy recipe for the eggless date and walnut cake below!
1. 1/2 small tin Milkmaid (200gm)
2. 1/2 cup Oil
3. 1 cup + 1 tbsp Maida
4. 125 gm dry Dates (Khajoor)
5. 1 cup water
6. 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
7. 1 tsp baking powder
8. 1/2 tsp baking soda (Meetha soda)
9. 100 gm walnuts
10. 1/2 cup castor sugar (optional)
1. Chop dates and soak them for 4-5 hours, add 1/4th tsp baking soda.
2. Soak walnuts in 1 tsp milk & dust with maida to prevent burning.
3. Sieve maida, baking soda and baking powder. Mix dates & walnuts, vanilla essence with the mixture.
4. Beat oil & milkmaid well, and add to the mixture.
5. Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Grease the tin with butter and dust with flour.
6. Transfer the batter to the greased tin, and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
7. Test by inserting a knife in the centre of the cake. If it’s clean, remove the cake from oven and cool down to room temperature.
8. Remove from tin and serve.
I have used icing sugar, chocolate syrup & fresh fruits to enhance the rich flavours.
Note: 200ml cup measurement set has been used.
Stay tuned for more recipes. Till then, keep baking!