Isn’t Banana Bread happens to be everyone’s favourite always? So if you have got a few overripe bananas at home and not sure how to make the most of it, here’s a simple recipe for a flavorful Eggless Banana Bread with the help of basic ingredients easily available the kitchen. It is pretty quick to make and gets a perfect texture and irresistible aroma. I’ve also added a few walnuts to enhance the taste.
1. 240g all-purpose flour (maida) – (1+ ½ cup)
2. ½ teaspoon baking soda
3. 1 teaspoon baking powder
4. 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
5. ¼ teaspoon coffee powder
6. 113g cup softened butter – (½ Cup)
7. ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
8. ¼ cup castor sugar – (50g)
9. 1+1/2 cup mashed bananas – (450g) – (4 to 5 bananas approx)
10. ½ cup milk (120ml)
11. ½ cup crushed walnuts
Note: 200ml cup measurement set has been used.
1. Put the bananas in the oven at 200 degrees for 15 minutes to ensure they are perfectly smooth & riped before mashing them for use.
2. Take one large bowl – sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and coffee powder.
4. Beat softened butter and castor sugar in a separate bowl until the mixture becomes fluffy. Then in the same bowl mix in the bananas using a fork and ensure they’re incorporated well.
6. Now the next step is to add dry ingredients mixture to the bowl and mix using a spatula and add in the milk. Make sure not to add the entire mixture at once, firstly add half then add milk and mix properly. Add the remaining mixture later and mix long enough for the ingredients to be completely combined.
7. Incorporate the crushed walnuts along with vanilla essence and give a mix. The batter will be slightly thick.
8. Preheat oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Grease the tin with butter/oil.
9. Transfer the batter to the greased tin, and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes at 180 degrees.
10. Test by inserting a knife in the centre of the bread. If it’s clean, remove the bread from oven and cool down to room temperature.
11. Remove from tin and serve.
You can place vertically sliced bananas on the top of the batter.
Do give a try and let me know in the comments section below how it turns out. Stay tuned for more recipes. Till then, keep baking!