Dosa, a well known popular south Indian breakfast recipe, is loved by everyone. Even though various variants of the dosa batter are available in the market for the instant dosa it is needless to say that the texture and taste of freshly prepared dosa using rice & urad dal is altogether a different experience. Here’s a simple recipe for Dosa batter using just 3 ingredients which you won’t regret giving a try.
1. 3 Cups Rice
2. 1 Cup Urad Dal
3. Half Tsp Fenugreek (methi) Seeds
1. Tak Rice: Urad dal n 3:1 ratio, wash and soak rice & dal for at least 6 hours.
2. Add half tsp fenugreek seeds while soaking for better fermentation.
3. Grind the mixture to form a slightly coarse batter with the help of little water according to your mixer jar size. you can also use little water from the soaked mixture.
4. Pour the batter into a large bowl, mix it with hands for 2-3 minutes continuously to make it a little fluffy and cover it. Now keep it aside in a warm place and wait for 8 hours to let the batter ferment. It can take a tad longer in cold weather.
5. Once your batter is well-fermented, add salt and water (if required) to the batter and mix well.
6. Your Dosa Batter is ready to use.
Isn’t it super easy? Now try this out and do let me know your experience in the comments section below.