Naan is undoubtedly the most popular bread with gravy dishes. There are days when you are so done with the gravy preparations that you’re too tired to attempt bread considering the fact that it’s somehow time-consuming.
To resolve this issue, here is a 5 ingredients based NAAN PREMIX RECIPE which will definitely sort your life. What’s the best part? You can store this mixture in the refrigerator for 6 months. So, let’s quickly check out the recipe without much further delay!
1. All purpose flour (Maida) – 1 cup (200 ml cup has been used)
2. Dry active yeast – 1 tsp
3. Milk powder – 1 tbsp
4. Salt – 1/2 tsp
5. Powdered sugar – 1 tsp
Procedure: Mix all the ingredients & make a packet.
Method to use:
– Just add lukewarm water & knead the mixture into a soft dough. Once done, add 1 tsp oil and knead again properly.
– Cover the dough with a cloth and Keep it aside for 20 minutes till the dough leavens and rises.
– Divide the dough into 4 parts, roll into a bit thick chapati shape and make a naan.
– Apply water on one side of the naan before placing it on a hot tawa to prevent it from burning. You’d need to turn the tawa over flames by ensuring at least 2 inches distance from the flames to cook the naan from the top.
– When done, apply butter on the naan – entirely optional, and serve it hot.
Note: This premix can also be used for stuffed Kulchas.
Isn’t it one of the easiest? So, do try it sometime and I bet you won’t be disappointed! Looking forward to knowing your thoughts. Till then, Happy cooking!